Well - another day, another swap :-D This time - I joined in with Rebecca's Matchbox Shrine Swap on UK Scrappers. All we had to do was make a shrine in our swap partner's theme .. so long as it had a matchbox incorporated in it somewhere it could be pretty much anything ! My 2 swapees (yes, 2 - glutton for punishment that I am !) were Sharon (FatMonica) and her theme was 'quote' "Nothing girly girly. More gothy/vintagey." Soooo I decided to make a little gothy house type thing and I used an Octopode Digistamp (will insert link to Lily's blog when I figure out how) - I used a sizzix matchbox and made a front for it from mountboard - I then covered all of it with tissue paper crinkled up, and then painted it with a mixture of grey/black acrylic paint and silver paint dabber, I also used some black soot distress powder. Inside - the little 'house' was painted with purple and black paint, I stamped an Octopode house and coloured that in (free with Craft Stamper), Mr and Mrs Frankie were printed out and stuck onto acetate with tabs on to enable me to stick them inside. I made a little sign and added it to the outside with a tiny brad and a bit of wire.
My next shrine was for Hannah Victoria and she wanted grunge/Steampunk/Vintage for her theme. I decided to go with the Steampunk bit and I made a mountboard background (covered the back with an image from Graphic 45 paper) I then used a Tim Holtz gears/cogs embossing folder and embossed a few pieces of kraft paper, used some versamark ink and added Tea dye embossing powder to the cogs. I put a small raven image from the same Graphic 45 paper inside the matchbox (again covered with crinkled tissue paper ... I seem to be doing that a lot lately!!) and painted it in a copper-ish colour. I added 3 tiny corked vials that had been filled with a mixture of alcohol inked jump rings, various watch bits .... (DO NOT drop these on the floor as they REALLLLY hurt when you find them in barefeet) ! and lastly, microbeads. I added a larger vial that was also filled with a mixture of watch bits and springs. Around the outside of the frame, I put a piece of bicycle chain (courtesy of my hubby Tony and his box of bike bits) as a border ... I think it worked out ok ... ish ! :)
Thanks for looking :)